Pyrotec PackMark, March 2019:
For end-of-line packaging operations, efficient coding and labelling equipment is essential for ensuring seamless production and fast turnaround times.
To achieve this, well-managed reactive and preventative equipment maintenance plans, as well as local equipment suppliers who are experienced and readily available with support and service, installation or repair assistance, are needed.
Of course, it’s also important to have the right equipment for the job. Pyrotec PackMark offers a vast portfolio of world-class, locally-supplied, coding, marking and labelling equipment for all packaging types, including primary, secondary and tertiary coding and labelling applications.
Applied to the layer of packaging that comes into direct contact with the product, primary coding is used for ‘used by’ or ‘sell by dates’, for example. It’s usually the consumer-facing coding component that’s seen at point of purchase.
Applied to the second layer of packaging – predominantly used to combine several identical primary packages – secondary coding can play a pivotal role in branding and displaying product marketing information.
Applied to the outermost layer of packaging, this coding is crucial to supply chain logistics during warehouse storage and bulk transportation.
What to consider when choosing coding equipment:
- Consider the shape of the packaging or product that’s being coded – will the coding equipment cope with its configurations?
- What are you coding? Be cognisant of the packaging material being used and the relevant equipment required to code onto this material. Does your equipment need to operate at high speeds? Also, because printed codes need to be 100% accurate, consider whether your coder needs to work in hot, wet, dusty or dirty environments.
- Research equipment options and various technologies – inkjet, thermal transfer, print and apply – and ensure that the print technology works for your product. Also consider whether you need continuous or intermittent application.
- Acquaint yourself with your industry’s specific coding requirements and ensure that you adhere to, if not surpass, these standards. Also, keep abreast of industry trends to ensure you future-proof your brand’s needs.
- Consider overall cost of ownership, including consumables and maintenance requirements, and ensure that the equipment and software can be upgraded for future needs.
Pyrotec PackMark offers a 24-hour call centre that’s manned by experienced technicians. In the event of a breakdown, customers speak directly to a technician who, in most cases, can resolve the problem over the phone.
Pyrotec PackMark customers also benefit from a complete concept-to-application service that is cost-effective, practical and meets international standards.
For more information about choosing the right coding equipment, contact Pyrotec PackMark today.